Privacy, Terms, & Conditions
Reading Time: 4 minutes
Acknowledgement and acceptance of these standards
is a condition of membership.
1. By agreeing to these terms of service, you are consenting to allow The Blueprint platform to store your personal data, consisting of: first name, last name, login ID, email address, and biographical self-description, plus optional items to include year of birth, country of birth, country of current residence, and gender orientation.
2. Information you post (blog articles, comments, replies, images, etc.) is not considered personal and may be viewed by visitors as well as other members. Messages exchanged in the Chat Room forums are only visible to logged-in members.
3. In addition to any content you might provide, which we may display on the platform, we store general statistical information about your participation (logging in and out, posting, “likes,” subscriptions, etc.) which allows you and other members to follow your contributions.
4. The information you provide will be used for the specified purposes and no others.
5. We don’t share your personal data with any other parties.
6. We don’t place cookies on your computer, except for those used by our server to help you navigate the site (so you don’t need to sign in again at every page).
7. If you choose to activate the “Keep Me Signed In” option, which will allow you to visit the site whenever you like without having to sign in each time, the server will place a “recognition” cookie on your computer. If you clear the cookie, you’ll need to sign in each time.
8. You may terminate your membership and remove your personal data (the items enumerated above) from this platform at any time. You may download a file containing your personal data at any time, prior to removal.
9. You can make your member profile visible to, or hidden from, other logged-in members. Visitors to the site do not see member profiles.
10. You may not use the platform, or post content to the platform, for the purpose of advertising or promoting any commercial product, service, or venture.
11. You may not post (or re-post) material of a sexual or violent nature that violates contemporary standards of decency as judged by the platform’s content moderators.
12. You may not post (or re-post) material that defames, libels, or slanders any person or entity, or that deliberately and maliciously misinforms our readers.
13. The administrators and content moderators of the platform reserve the right to edit all member-submitted content, to include modifying posts, deleting them or taking them offline, or asking the contributors to revise them for compliance with accepted standards. However, we do not revise or re-write material that does not meet reasonable standards for clarity and readability.
14. The administrators and moderators of the platform reserve the right to change or limit the privileges of a disruptive member or one who repeatedly violates these standards, to include suspending participation or terminating membership without warning. Their decisions are final.
15. These provisions do not in any way imply that differences of opinion, civilized disagreements, and even energetic advocacy of individual views are unwelcome. The purpose is solely to ensure a healthy online environment for civil discourse.
Protection of Copyrighted Material
16. Under US and EU regulations (the Digital Copyright Millennium Act and the General Data Protection Regulation), we operate as a host for user-generated content. Consequently we are not classified as a publisher and may not be named in litigation of claims of copyright infringement, defamation, or libel.
17. Content providers bear sole responsibility for the legal status of their material, as described further below. Our obligations are limited to responding to third-party claims of offenses and removing inappropriate material when required.
18. Visitors who claim unauthorized use of copyrighted material or material they claim to be libelous or defamatory can request its review and prospective removal by contacting:
or using the email form provided on the platform.
19. All members are reminded to avoid plagiarizing the work of others, defined as appropriating significant portions of content and representing it as original material. You may not post material that is copyrighted by others without permission, including text, images, videos, and audio recordings. This restriction requires the exercise of due diligence in determining whether the material has been copyrighted by other parties and obtaining permission to use it. Accepted practice permits referring to the work of others, quoting limited portions of it for reference or critique (i.e. the “fair use” doctrine), and directing readers to the original source.
20. By posting any content to the platform, you explicitly agree to “indemnify and hold harmless” all associated entities (Karl Albrecht, Karl Albrecht International, the Blueprint platform, platform members, and others) who might be named in legal action for infringement.
21. You may claim copyright to any original content that you post in the Reading Room (i.e. blog articles) by marking it appropriately (e.g. “© yyyy Your Name”).
22. Original material not designated as copyrighted will be assumed to have been contributed without restrictions and released to the public domain.
23. Blog comments and messages exchanged in the Chat Room forums are not subject to copyright claims.
24. In posting your original material, you automatically grant The Blueprint platform worldwide publishing rights in all languages, without compensation to you. That includes the right to permit others to republish, translate, or archive the material, subject to marking the material as copyrighted by you. You retain unrestricted rights to the material for all other purposes.
25. You grant to the platform the continuing right to display your proprietary material after you terminate your member account.
27. We may revise and update these terms of service from time to time, as legal requirements and other standards of practice evolve.